вторник, 18 июня 2013 г.

Windows Live Essentials enable Windows Automatic Updating

I had been running Windows 7 (x64 SP1) with disabled Automatic Updating until I decided to have a look at Windows Live Writer, which is a part of Windows Live Essentials.

In short: Windows Live Writer is the same bloatware as it used to be, it still can't display raw HTML nicely, so I continue to rely on Chrysanth WebStory.

Moreover, Windows Live Essentials seem to install several updates and enable Automatic Updating without even letting you know or bothering to ask you. It looks like a normal Microsoft's practice to think of its users as dummies pushing OK buttons. Fie!

Next day my notebook crashed several times during startup - probably because the updater wasn't able to connect to a Microsoft server. After that everything looked normal except for the hardly noticeable slowdown of the system...

And today I've noticed that Skype (which is grabbed by Microsoft) just became a bit better - it has updated itself! WTF?!

I was very suprised to discover that Automatic Updating is now enabled, and Skype is like another system component from now on... The time has come to try its alternatives!

Luckily I keep images with the stable OS states, which save me a bunch of time after Windows happen to put a spell on me :)

Chrysanth WebStory WebStory: Everyone's blog software

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий